Dear Vineyard Family,
After much prayer the leadership has decided to take the first steps towards gathering for corporate worship. We are thankful for the input of our ministry leaders and each of you that has shared your thoughts and we are grateful for your support through these very unusual times. It has been encouraging to hear the many stories of the way God has continued to be at work in our body.
We will begin gathering again for worship on Sunday, October 25th at 9:30am. Here are some important guidelines you should be aware of. Keep in mind that these guidelines could change, and we will tighten or loosen the guidelines as appropriate.
- Service will last 1-hour and will be inside the sanctuary.
- We would like everyone attending to practice social distancing by remaining six feet apart at all times. Family groups may sit together or with those with whom you arrange in advance to sit with. Please refrain from handshakes and hugs for now.
- For now, we request that everyone wear masks for the whole service. We will have extras available.
- Please do not attend if you currently sick or displaying flu-like symptoms which may include fever, cough, difficulty breathing, and/or a temperature of 100.4° or had exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Doors will be left open and there will be hand sanitizers available at each entrance.
- For now, we will not be serving communion, but we will still remember the table in our service. You are welcomed/encouraged to bring your own communion elements to the service.
- Capacity inside the sanctuary will be limited to 45 people. For indoor seating you must sign up and reserve a spot for yourself and for each member of your family. Please RSVP here:
- For now, there will not be nursery care or Sunday School.
- We will have a speaker outdoors for those who prefer to sit outside. You do not need to RSVP for outdoor seating. For outdoor seating bring your own chair or blanket. We request that you practice social distancing and wear a mask when social distancing cannot be maintained.
We will continue publishing our Digital Liturgy in its present form. This will still be our primary means of gathering for the majority of the church body and we intend to continue the Digital Liturgy even after we add more services or allow people to attend in greater numbers. You might consider gathering with your community group or another family and do the Digital Liturgy together.
Romans 12:10 says: “Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.” We long for the day that we can gather without limitations but for now let us show sacrificial love and outdo one another in showing honor by following the guidelines and coming with hearts prepared to exalt Jesus above everything else.